Quick post with summary of running activity for August 11-12, 2021.
Wednesday, August 11, 2021
I had early a.m. haircut appointment. Stopped by Church Street Coffee for 8:30 a.m. cappuccino on the way home. Rained off and on from midday through late afternoon, so I just worked from home and then went out for ~5K run at 5:00 p.m.
Food consumed August 11, 2021 consisted of:
- 5:30 – 6:30 a.m.: Black coffee
- 6:30 a.m.: 1 Olyra brand “breakfast biscuit” (8 g carbs, per package label): Fig Anise flavor (product details here.)
- 8:30 a.m.: 8 ounce cappuccino (I don't add anything, so only carbs would be whatever in the milk)
- 10:30 a.m.: ~3/4 cup plain 5% Greek yogurt (Fage brand) + 1/3 cup of frozen blueberries (unsweetened) + 1 Tbsp chopped pecans
- I grew the blueberries in my backyard and froze earlier this summer
- Total carbs for this “brunch” meal estimated at approximately 15 g
- 1:30 p.m.: “Stir fried” a pound of beef strips and about 2 Tbsp of white onion with various seasonings (cumin, coriander, paprika, cayenne, salt, pepper, garlic powder) in a bit of EVOO (made from Spanish olives): See brand info page here for details.
- Ate about 2/3s to 3/4s of the beef strips with fresh cilantro and a local producers salsa verde. Label says no sugar added–only tomatillos, peppers and spice seasonings.
- Total carbs for lunch estimated at approximately 10g to cover the tomatillos and peppers in salsa verde and whatever in the bit of onions.
- 2:00 p.m.: LaCroix, pampelmousse flavor
- 5:00 p.m.: Run ~3.3 miles
- 6:00 p.m. 2 tbsp Peter Pan crunchy peanut butter (~ 7 g carbs per package)
- 7:30 p.m.: Approximately 2 tsp. coconut oil
Thursday, August 12, 2021
Woke at 5:15 a.m. and got up at 5:30. Coffee, reading, then light breakfast with email check. Went out for run at 7:45 a.m. Muggy, but less hot than usual. Temp probably around 75 F with 70% humidity, slightly overcast.
food consumed august 12, 2021 consisted of:
- 5:30 – 6:30 a.m.: Black Coffee
- 6:45-ish: 1 egg + 1 slice provolone cheese and a few bacon chips* (about 1 Tbsp full) from freezer
- *I cook packages of bacon (local producers, pastured pork) all at once and keep in freezer. The “chips” are just crumbled/torn bacon pieces that I use in omelettes or with roasted veggies.
- 6:55 a.m.: 1/2 slice of sourdough bread (Aldi brand, details here), with ~2 tsp Kerrygold butter and ~2 tsp orange marmalade. Total carbs for this part of breakfast est at ~25g.
- 7:40 – 9:15 a.m.: Run 5 miles, walk 2.2 miles.
- 9:45 a.m.: 2 T apple cider vinegar (ACV) in 12 ounces Icelandic water with ~1/2 tsp Portuguese sea salt
- 11:20 a.m.: Supplement time: Ioderal, Selenium, Vitamin D3, Zinc, 1 BrocElite with a couple of bites of plain baked chicken used to make chicken salad for later.
- 12:15 p.m.: 8 oz cappuccino
- 1:45 p.m.: Rest of leftover beef “stir fry” from yesterday's lunch with cilantro and 3 Purple Bumblebee tomatoes from my garden, salsa verde by Green Guy Gourmet, and 1 LaCroix (mango)
- 2:15 p.m.: Approximately 1-1/2 cups of homemade chicken salad. The whole batch was made with 1.8 lbs of skinless chicken breasts, 1 organic Gala apple, ~ 2 Tbsp. of a squash-pepper relish I made and can each year, 2 Tbsp plain nonfat yogurt (Siggi's brand), ~2 Tbsp Hellman's mayo. With the apple chunks in the portion I ate and the yogurt , the chicken salad would include some carbs. Est. 5 g of carbs based on serving size and what's left for tomorrow (a LOT).
- 3:45 p.m.: 12 oz. Gerolsteiner mineral water