These are recent continuing legal education programs I've attended:
Clean Water Act 2016
Upcoming, ALI Program (May 2016)
- Chattahoochee Valley Land Trust and Georgia Alabama Land Trust
- May 5, 2015
- Held at Troy University – Phenix City campus
- 6 CLE hours (total), including 1 hour of ethics
Practicing Law in the Age of Surveillance and Hackers: An Exploration of Privacy and Data Security
- Cumberland School of Law, Samford University
- February 27, 2015
- I don't recall if I requested CLE credit for attending, since I was not engaged in the active practice of law at that time and, technically speaking, exempt from CLE reporting. I attended as a Samford faculty member.
- ABA TechShow, Chicago, Illinois
- March 27 – 28, 2014
3/27/14 Ethics of Social Media Marketing
3/27/14 How Crowdsourcing Can Power a Lawyer's Research
3/27/14 Ethics 20/20, Security, and Cloud Computing
3/27/14 Making Your Content Work For You on Social Media
3/28/14 Corrosion of Confidentiality – How Technology Threatens Privilege
3/28/14 Optimize Your Use of Evernote
3/28/14 NASY What? Firm and Client Data Security & Encryption in the Age of Monitoring
Is My Phone Spying On Me?
I was a panelist at this event organized and hosted by the Cumberland Law School, Prof. Woodrow Hartzog was the main organizer. The event was held in conjunction with Data Privacy Day, January 28, 2012. I don't know if the Cumberland Law School sought CLE credits for attendees. I did not seek CLE credit for my work as a presenter. I simply list it here, because of its relevance to the other content on this page.
You can view my presentation in this video of the event available here.
Imagining Legality: Where Law Meets Popular Culture
- The University of Alabama School of Law
- September 25, 2009
- Attended Symposium that “explores law's representation and consumption in film, television and literature.”
- Approved for 6.8 MCLE Hours in Alabama